- Talent 100 Mentor
- Luke Levison
- Learning Centre
- School Attended
- Sydney Grammar
- Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine at UNSW
- 7th in NSW‑ Modern History (2021)
- HSC All Rounder 2021
- HSC Top Achiever 2021
- Ranked Top 5 in English Advanced at Sydney Grammar
- Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award 2021
- John Estell Memorial Prize for Modern History (2020)
- EW Bonwick Memorial Prize for Historical Investigation (2020)
- Robert Ross Prize for Latin (2019)
My top 5 study tips
1Become used to making a timetable and be realistic about the amount of time you’ll be able to spend on any one task. Always be mindful of important deadlines, and add these into your timetable to provide structure.
2Actively seek feedback from mentors and peers; a fresh pair of eyes is really helpful. Make sure to reflect on this feedback, identifying both what you could improve on and what you did well, and incorporate it into your next task.
3To test whether you really understand a concept, try explaining it to a friend or someone else with no background in said concept. Offer your opinions in class discussions; having to justify a point on the spot also helps consolidate your ideas.
4For English, write often. This doesn’t have to be a chore- it can be as simple as writing a review for a film or an album you like. Every time you make have to think about word choice and structure, it becomes more natural and you develop your own unique style.
5Most importantly, take study breaks and be kind to yourself! I recommend finding a hobby which doesn’t require as much mental focus.